Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 19

Next week, we'll be halfway through. Crazy. I'm getting bigger by the day, although sometimes it feels like the hour. Going to bed has become an absurd routine of lotion, peeing, water, stacking up pillows like some sort of child's fort, peeing again, water, and eventually trying to lay down in said fort. Nick laughs alot.

The baby's sensory development is is rapidly developing. His/Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. I've been trying to talk to it quite a bit lately, although I still think its a strange experience talking to my belly. But I figure I converse with my cats when I come home from work, so how different is it really? I plan on starting to read books to my belly at night, hoping he/she will get used to my voice and Nick's.

The weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — in the last month it has nearly tripled its length, hence the reason that this month all I wanted to do was sleep. His/Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now, which menas if you've seen the ultrasound pictures, our kid has long legs. NBA or WNBA stardom, here we come. His/Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment