Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 10 - 1/4 of the way there!!!

Oi, am I tired. I think I slept 12 hours straight yesterday. Turns out baby is growing faster than it ever has before, so no wonder I felt exhausted. Also, it has fingernails, toenails, and hair follicles now (I feel now that the movie Juno was handing out some misinformation...) Baby's brain is growing at a rapid pace. It will produce about 250,000 neurons every minute! Neurons that will later be lost if the child attends college and follows the social path of its parents.

Week 10 of pregnancy is somewhat of a milestone because the body plan for the baby has been laid out and most things are present -- just in miniature form. Baby is now 1.25 to 1.68 inches long and weighs approximately 0.18 ounces (equal to the weight of a quarter). The features that will determine the gender are also forming right now. So place your bets accordingly.

I finally experienced the moment in which I realized I could not button my pants. The result of that was a rather frantic and weepy phone call to my younger sister, who immediately recognized me as acting "super pregnant" and suggested an evening of ice cream and coloring:

No comments:

Post a Comment