Friday, June 25, 2010

33 weeks and counting




Or somewhere around there.

Yesterday, we got another ultrasound, which was exciting. I don't know what it is about getting them, but I always get super nervous right before, as if the baby can somehow see me during the procedure as well and that he is going to think "Yeah, I'm gonna want another mom once I get out there. This one is looking rough."

Anyway, we got some good news and some "you have to do this better" news. For those of you interested in the inner workings of my body, the placenta has officially moved enough to no longer be considered a previa, allowing me to plan for a regular birth as opposed to a C section. My fluids, however, were low, which means I have to drink alot alot alot of water. Because evidently, peeing 5 times an hour is actually not enough. I am looking forward to spending the majority of the next 6 weeks in the bathroom.

Henry is already four and half pounds. Let me repeat that: 4 and a half pounds. This seems very big to me, but the midwife seems to think he is right on target. I just hope the weight is mostly made up by his long legs rather than a large head. I can handle long legs in labor, but a big head scares the hell out of me. His skeleton is still hardening (and I'm still drinking milk by the gallons). He now has toenails, fingernails, and what could be considered a respectable amount of peachfuzz, which you can kind of see on the ultrasound pic if you look close enough.

I've been experience some mild contractions every so often but am told this is perfectly normal. Once we get past the 36 week mark, if labor starts, we'll finish. I'm excited for him to be here, but I also wonder if I will miss having him with me all the time. To be sure, I will enjoy having his feet out of my lungs and it will be nice to walk like a normal person as opposed to a penguin, but I can't help but think that once he gets here, I will have to share him. Right now, he really is just mine, and I am the only one who knows what he is doing, when he is awake, when he is sleeping, etc. Its definitely a special bond that I think I will miss but I imagine I'll be plenty busy enough to quickly get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment