Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week 27

13 weeks to go. Part of me wonders if I'll miss being pregnant when it is over, but I have a strong suspicion that I will enjoy having my body back as my own and having little Henry where I can actually hug him without having to sacrifice my lung capacity.

This week,he weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, the baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. I'm feeling him move on a regular basis now and am even beginning to be able to tell when he's rolling, kicking, or just has the hiccups. When he has been quiet for too long, I feel strangely lonely but that doesn't tend to last long because he usually moves at some point, which makes mom feel alot better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment