Monday, April 12, 2010

Its a boy!

Well, we ended up going back on all of those promises not to find out. The night before the ultrasound, in what was one of the sweetest moments of my marriage and I think also a direct result of my minor meltdown the day before, Nick told me he wanted to find out what the sex of the baby was. I'm not going to get into it here, but the last month or so had not been particularly easy on us and there were quite a few uncertainties that had me stressed out and not sleeping. Nick figured we could at least know one thing for sure.

It was probably a good thing we decided to find out too, because I am not so sure we could have gotten out of the ultrasound without knowing. The little man is quite the exhibitionist and although we could have convinced ourselves that maybe the telltale sign was just part of the umbilical cord, we would have been mighty suspicious. I'm really glad we ended up finding out and was incredibly happy that we're having a boy. I had a feeling it was a boy and it was nice to have that feeling confirmed, especially when it felt like I was not totally in tune with this pregnancy. Also, who doesn't want another little Nick around? I know I do, and I know the world could use more guys like him.

So, in his first official appearance, here is our son Henry. As his mother, I am protecting his privacy and have decided not to post the pic that revealed him in his true glory. The kid has a right to his privacy even if he was a bit of a show off the ultrasound tech :)

If you can make out the first picture, that is actually his tiny little hand either in the the shape of a foam finger or making the L for loser sign at his folks already. I'm still debating that one....



No comments:

Post a Comment